Need to sell home fast? It’s easier said than done. The reality is even in Cincinnati’s hot seller’s market where you can get multiple offers in just two weeks, you really can’t expect to sell a home in a month. It will take two months or more from listing to closing. And that doesn’t include the time it takes to prepare your home for its market debut, cleaning, painting, etc. The good news is there are alternative ways to sell your house quicker than usual. Read on to learn everything you need to know about how to sell house fast.
What is the Fastest Way to Sell Your House?
Ever heard or saw an ad saying, “sell house fast for cash in 10 days?” This is not just a gimmick. Indeed, there are reputable companies that buy homes as-is for cash (yes, no repair, no cleaning, no upgrades required), and closing can be done in 10 days. These businesses are called cash home buyers like us, the Cincinnati Property Twins.
If you are wondering how to sell house fast in Cincinnati, you’ve come to the right place. You can request a ballpark offer for your property here and expect to get an offer within 24 hours.
These are the usual steps involved in selling your house to a cash home buyer:
1. Contact the company– Call them or visit their website to let them know you are interested in selling your property to them. You will be asked to provide details about your home: age, size, location, configuration, and current condition. Most cash for homes companies can give you a ballpark offer within 24 hours.
2. Home Inspection– A final offer will be made after home inspection is completed.
3. Close the sale– One of the things that makes selling to cash house buyers faster than other ways of selling a house is that there are no lenders involved so you won’t be waiting for a mortgage approval. The buyer already has the funds to pay for your home in cash. Closing can be done as quickly as 10 days.
How to Sell Home Fast?
If you are not yet comfortable about the idea to sell home fast for cash, you can try these sell home fast tips:
Price Your Property Right
Avoid pricing your house too high or too low. Remember that when it comes to selling a home, first impressions matter. An overpriced property will drive buyers away and keep your house sitting on the market for a long time. A potential buyer may not even get a chance to look at your property because they filtered their search in a price range below your price.
You also shouldn’t price your property too low. Some may consider it a strategy to attract more sellers and drive up the price through a bidding war, but you also put yourself at risk of leaving a huge amount of money on the table and may turn some buyers away because they may think there is something wrong with your home being priced too low.
Valuable Tips in Pricing Your Home
- Check comparable listings – Take a look at similar properties that’ve been listed in the same neighborhood (within a quarter to half a mile radius unless your property is rural or there are very few comps) as your home over the last 6 months. You may want to narrow your timeframe since appraisers don’t use comps older than 3 months.
- Compare your property to properties with:
1. Similar square footage (ideally within a 10 percent difference).
2. Similar ages (values between properties constructed in the 1950s will vary from those built in the 1980s).
- Check out sold at least 3 comparable properties – Check to see if there are price deductions or additions on the original list prices of the properties to their final sales prices. You can find a list of sales from most local assessor’s offices.
Tip #2: Implement a Full-scale Marketing Strategy
This tip is particularly important if your property isn’t the best there is in the neighborhood. Here are marketing strategies to keep in mind:
- Post good photos. Take an exterior shot on the front of your home. Make sure to mow your lawn and trim the bushes. Also, take pictures of every room in your home. Open drapes and blinds and turn on lights if needed for good lighting.
- Consider doing virtual tours. Many buyers love them.
- Don’t forget to put “For Sale” signage outside your home. It’s free advertising and an effective way of encouraging prospective buyers to call you or your agent.
- Print Advertising. While a lot of people go online to shop for homes, don’t overlook the power of print advertising. Through putting an ad in major newspapers, you can reach buyers who read newspapers and you can run a larger ad at a cheaper cost.
- Have your property listed in the Multiple Listing Service (MLS). Your listing agent will make sure property is listed in the MLS. If you don’t have an agent, you can still get it listed.
Find a discount broker who agrees to enter information about your home for you without the need to represent you. Posting your property in MLS will make sure that many buyers and agents can see it.
Tip #3: Work With a Top-notch Listing Agent
Having a top-notch listing agent by your side will help you close quickly and maximize profit from your home sale. It takes a heavy load off your back since they’ll help you every step of the way from accurately pricing your home to evaluating and negotiating offers.
A real estate agent of the seller can be expensive because their commissions vary. Expect to pay about 6 percent of the total home sale price in commissions, split between your listing agent and the buyer’s agent. The percentage can go up to 8 percent with an experienced agent.
How Fast Can Someone Sell a House?
One easy way to know how sell house fast on average is to ask experienced real estate agents in the neighborhood where your property is. You can also calculate the average days on the market by identifying the day each home goes on the market in a given month and then counting the days pending. Add the number of days all those homes were pending and divide the total by the number of homes.
The answer to the question, “how fast can you sell a house?” depends on many factors including:
- The competition – In a seller’s markets when inventory is low and there is a high demand, homes sell faster. It can increase the competition for properties and may even increase the prices. On the other hand, in buyers’ markets, since buyers have many options to choose from, they can take their time and wait for the right home. Hence, homes tend to stay longer on the market.
- The Location – You can expect more demand for your home if it’s located in a highly desirable neighborhood near good schools, businesses or restaurants.
- Seasonal Factors – How long your house sits on the market also depends on when you list it. Most people aren’t actively shopping for a new house during winter, and the weather can also have an effect on how long you can sell your home. In general, November, December, January, and February are the slowest and less profitable months for home sellers.
Spring and summer are usually the best seasons to sell a home since many families want to move before the new school year starts. In fact, homes listed in the first half of May sell six days faster than average.
- The Home’s Condition – Homes in good condition tend to sell faster than those that require repairs or quite old and need updates.
- Your Agent – Hiring an agent can also affect the speed of your sale. Ideally, your agent will have the knowledge and experience that you need to know how to sell house fast. But not all agents are the same. They have different experience, marketing strategies, and overall knowledge of the market. You would want to interview at least 3 agents before deciding who will list your home.
How Can I Sell My House Fast for Cash Without a Realtor?
You can save as much as 6 percent in commissions if you choose to sell your house without a realtor. Here we will discuss the answer to your question “how to sell my house quickly without a realtor.” But before deciding to proceed without an agent, keep in mind that the process won’t be easy. It takes a lot of time and effort, from showing and marketing your house to negotiating the final price, not to mention the legal and financial paperwork.
Here are 4 Tips to Help You Sell Your Home Fast Without an Agent:
1. Set a realistic price for your home. You can’t afford to make the mistake of overpricing your home. You can use online pricing calculators to give you an estimate based on objective factors including number of bedrooms and bathrooms, location of your home, and square footage. Another tool that can help you decide on an asking price is from the Federal Housing Finance Agency’s website
2. Advertise. Many homebuyers begin their search online so if you are selling your home without an agent, list it on FSBO.com and it will automatically post on Redfin, too. It will also be listed on Trulia and Zillow. Other sites where you can list your home: StreetEasy (in New York City), ForSaleByOwner.com, and Patch.
3. Make sure to give a detailed and accurate description of your home. Since you are doing things on your own, you have to make sure you do things right. Your photos should be high quality and should show the interior and exterior of your home. You may want to hire a professional to take the photos. Your listing should have the basic information: price, location, age of the house, number of bedrooms and bathrooms, and the size of the home. Also, don’t forget to highlight any recent improvements, for instance, a new water heater.
4. Consider selling it to a reputable cash house buyer. Selling a home on your own is not easy. The chances of selling it on your own quickly is a lot harder. If you can afford to wait at least two months then there’ll be no problem. But if you need to sell it quickly, you might want to consider selling it as-is to a cash buyer. Closing can be done as fast as 10 days.
There is no magic formula on how to sell house fast. But you can trust a reputable cash for homes buyer to make it possible for you to sell your house quickly even without an agent. Get a ballpark offer here to sell house fast in Cincinnati.